Misc Scientific Linux Packages
SL_enable_serialconsole - Script to enable serial console in all the right places.
This package will install (and automatically run) the 'serialconsole' script. This script makes all the changes necessary to send console output to both the serial port and the screen. This also creates a login prompt on the serial port and allows root to login at this prompt.
This package only works with grub.
You can only have one SL_enable_serialconsole installed at a time. Having extras will cause unknown behavior, as will switching between them with one command. To change versions fully remove one package then install the other.
by Pat Riehecky (2012-01-30):
- added '-r' option to script for removal of the configuration
- now removes configuration when uninstalled
- Switched to augeas based configuration
- The old script can be found in the %doc folder
- removed support for non-grub bootloaders as none are avalible for SL6
- a number of SPEC file changes to make things cleaner